Things to know
after getting your
tattoo AT BENCHMARK
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR NEW TATTOO
Please Follow these instructions for two weeks.
1. Remove bandage after 2-4 hours or if it’s late in the evening it can be left on overnight.
2. Gently wash your new tattoo with WARM-HOT water and liquid non-scented antibacterial soap then rinse with cool water.
3. Pat dry with a clean paper towel and let the tattoo air dry for at least 30-45 minutes before putting any approved aftercare ointment on the tattoo.
HOW TO APPLY AFTERCARE
Only use APPROVED AFTERCARE.
WASH YOUR HANDS before all applications of the approved ointment.
Apply a small amount of aftercare ointment 3 to 4 times throughout the day.
DO NOT OVER APPLY AFTERCARE. LESS IS MORE.
1. Place a small amount of approved aftercare in your hands. Rub the aftercare in your hands to warm and liquify the oils.
2. Rub a small amount of approved aftercare ointment on your tattoo until it disappears.
THINGS TO KNOW
It is your responsibility to care for your new tattoo.
Your new tattoo will begin to itch as it heals. DO NOT pick, scratch, or rub your new tattoo! Instead lightly press on your tattoo or use your approved aftercare to relieve itching.
Do not submerge your new tattoo under water. No baths or swimming for at least 10 days. Showering, however, is fine. Be sure to limit the amount of water you get on your new tattoo while showering. When you are finished showering, be sure to dry your new tattoo with a paper towel or a new clean bath towel. Dirty or used towels can spread bacteria over your new tattoo.
It is good to wash your tattoo once in the morning and once in the evening.
It is up to you to take proper care of your tattoo by following the aftercare instructions provided. Consult/seek the advice or treatment from your physician or local ER if you show any of the following; abnormal irritation or redness, unusual tenderness, or any possible sign of healing complications or infections.
All work is guaranteed except hands, neck, and feet. Hands, neck, and feet are only granted one free touch-up.
Touch-ups are provided at no charge by the artist that you were tattooed by as long as the proper aftercare process that we recommend was followed.
We want to thank you for getting your new tattoo at Benchmark Tattoo. Please do not hesitate to call the shop if you have any questions about/during the healing process.